Monday, December 7, 2009

Pok-e-Jo's


12/04/09 You can always count on Pok-e-Jo's to deliver good quality BBQ, but the side dishes are where this establishment shines brightest. Who says real BBQ joints don't need sides? I say jalapino cornbread cassarole goes with brisket like Tango goes with Cash! And how about the frito pie option? To discuss this school-time treat, please welcome guest reveiwer, Steve McMinn:


I’m a big fan of the Frito Pie. When I’m at a restaurant or a sporting event and I see that item on the menu, I do not shy away from it. To me, the Frito Pie represents great creativity by combining three of America’s best foods: chili, cheese and fritos.
The Frito Pie at Pok - E – Joe’s BBQ holds its own compared to other tastings of frito pie I have encountered over the years. The amount of frito used is the standard lunch size bag that you would pack into your kid’s school lunch. The chili is solidly put together with large chunks of beef mixed in with ground beef and just the right amount of spice to add that kick to let you know that you’re in Texas eatin’ chili. The shredded cheese is the ingredient that holds all this together with large shred pieces to not create too much of a gooey mess and makes this meal a masterpiece of Americana Cuisine.

No comments:

Post a Comment