Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Pit Barbeque


1/5/10 Austin, TX. The Pit Barbeque has great chopped beef sandwhiches, so I hear. Of course my curiosity gets me every time and I ended up with the brisket and sausage plate. Good food, but the brisket was dry and the sausage was unremarkable. I suppose it's like going to Rome to eat their sushi, you just don't do it. Next time, I faithfully pledge to order the 3 chopped beef sandwiches for $5.25 instead of the $8 plate of average whatnot. Ok, now that we're done with that, the ribs looked fuckin' great. Might have to sample them as well as the chopped beef next time. The potato salad was above average, had a distincitve mustard taste while retaining a white mayonase color... Chamelion potatoes?? The beans were, well, beans. BBQ sauce was good. The color, consistancy, and taste reminded me of the sauce from the Salt Lick. Hmmmmm. Who's been sleeping in MY bed?

I don't even remember the banana pudding so it must have bee good. They definitely dress it up right with a mixture of whole and crushed Nilla wafers. Bottom line here, go with the deal that they're known for and stick to the plan. Happy New Years! And a message to the couple of BBQ reviewers in the next booth over, YES THE BRISKET IS DRY, I DISCOVERED THAT BEFORE YOU AND YOUR NECK NAPKIN DID, SO THERE! :)

Southerner alert: This establisment does not offer sweet tea...

No comments:

Post a Comment