Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Texas Best Smokehouse

5/21/10 Alvarado, TX. I've been wanting to sample the food here for some time now. It's right off I-35 and they typically have the cleanest restrooms, but the most expensive gasoline in the I-35 corridor between Ft. Worth and Austin. The restaurant lies inside the Shell gas station and even shares the eating area with a Sonic that's also part of the Shell building.

So there's all that. This place is not good at all. The brisket was barely ok, but nothing remarkable. I will say that I only paid 6.99, so you get what you pay for. The banana pudding tasted like bubble gum, yes bubble gum. The cole slaw was average. The sweet tea was the worst I've ever had. They really need to address that immediately because an old dog could make better sweet tea. The onion and pickle tray was filthy and appeard that it hadn't been cleaned all day.

This place would get an F if their special brisket sandwich combo wasn't so cheap. Again, if you pay $7 for a full dinner with dessert and drink, expect to get shitty food. Congratulations on the 2nd D- I've dished out in a row. I'll come back here, but I'm not going near the food...

No comments:

Post a Comment