Sunday, March 27, 2011

Red Barn Bar-B-Que

3/26/11 Colleyville, TX. So at the corner of Glade and Hwy 26 is this big red barn that sells BBQ. I must say that I wasn't expecting much, and my first visit there fulfilled those expectations. The brisket and sausage were ok, but not really memorable. However, I got the ribs this last time and they were solid. They looked strange and literally fell off the bone, but they were undeniably good. I should have taken a picture. I've grown accustomed to good ribs having a color stratigraphy to them, like brown areas surrounded by red surrounded by black. Red barn ribs are just brown, ugly bag brown. But hey, they taste good. 'Nuff said. If you go to Red Barn, don't pass up the ribs. Just eat them at night or in a dimly lit room! The banana pudding is supposed to be good, but I didn't try it. I get the feeling this was a mistake. Reminder to self: When you read this on your phone while waiting in line a Red Barn Bar-B-Que, DON'T FORGET THE NANNER PUDDING. I'm reasonably sure Red Barn is the best BBQ in Colleyville.

No comments:

Post a Comment