Monday, February 22, 2010

Salt Lick BBQ (Airport)

2/18/10 Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. Ever land a date with the hot girl and for whatever reason, you end up disappointed because she's really not that hot and you're probably in a dry spell and throw some beer goggles in, etc. Well, set your expectations low today kids, 'cause the Suck Lick BBQ at the Austin airport has the potential to disappoint travelers on an international level. First of all, it's way overpriced, but about average for an airport I suppose. They had no beans or slaw at 6:00 pm, so they gave me a bag of Schlotzky's brand chips with my pulled pork sandwich. It was ok, but a bit dry. The sandwich bread was as big as a basketball. Not really, but come on, if I want a loaf of bread for a meal I'll go to Subway. The pickle at least, met expectations and the Salt Lick BBQ sauce is one of the best if you like it sweet.

To my recollection, the Salt Lick in Driftwood is awesome. Heck, I even spent my birthday at the Salt Lick on Hwy 360 before they shut it down. This airport location just plain sucks. Much of it is probably circumstancial because it's an airport, but it is what it is and I've done my best to only consider aspects directly related to the food. C-. Save your money and hit Amy's Ice Cream next door if you need a bite before a flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment