Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Clem Mikeska Bar-B-Q

6/18/10 Temple, TX. I've been here a number of times. It's good in a Pok-e-Jo's kinda way. Nothing spectacular, but solid at least. The ambiance is interesting enough with dead everything hanging on the walls. They even have a few stuffed hammerhead sharks here and there. I've had the chopped beef sandwich in the past and it's really not worth getting, so I tried something different this time.

The BBQ is ok. I got the sausage plate because the billboard on I-35 clearly states "Homemade Sausage". It's average I suppose. Needs to be dipped in the warm bbq sauce to get a real taste out of it. Funny how this establishment has the warmed up bbq sauce and so did Oxbow down the street. Maybe it's a regional thing in Temple? In any case, I got corn on the cob and a salad as the sides. Both very good considering they were corn and lettuce! Next go 'round I'll hit the beans and tato salad. The sweet tea does the trick, so they get some points for that. Unfortunately, this place is really overpriced. A 1-meat place and small sweet tea was $10.71 and you clearly don't get what you pay for compared to other establishments.

All in all, they have a lot to choose from so you get your varity. However with most places that have such a variety (Hard 8 in Coppell EXCLUDED) the quality suffers a bit. Clem Mikeska's would be a good place to bring the family because it has a little something for everyone and a bunch of stuffed bears to look at. It's also good enough to stop by every now and then for a commuter on I-35. I'll give this place an overpriced B.

No comments:

Post a Comment