Friday, June 18, 2010

Oxbow Steakhouse & Bar-B-Q

6/10/10 Belton, TX. Dark and old. They have steaks as well as BBQ, but the steaks are apparently the priority. Look first they put "Steakhouse" before "Bar-B-Q" in the name, then the special is a porterhouse steak for $25, then to top it all off, they serve you tough, beef jerky like brisket. It's flavorful enough, but very tough. It definitely needed sauce which was good, dark (just like the building) and served warm, which was kinda cool. There was no offer for bread or rolls (wtf?), but they did offer sweet tea. The coleslaw was extremely creamy, like at a retirement home. The beans were fine, whatever. This place puts off a peculiar vibe and I don't think I'll be going back. However if I did, I would pass on the 'que and order a steak. Who knows? If the steak is awesome, then their existence is justified. Just ignore the ghosts. Shit am I going to actually go back there now?? Nah, probably not. I can get a good steak in my back yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment