Monday, February 6, 2012

Woodshed Smokehouse


2/4/12 Ft. Worth, TX So this place just opened up near the TCU campus in Ft. Worth right on the Trinity River. It's a hip place, right on the bike trail which would be a great stop after a long ride. I mean why not, right? Get all that spandex and helmet on and then stop for a rack of ribs. Sounds far fetched, but that's exactly what some folks were doing! Woodshed Smokehouse is not your typical BBQ joint. It's a full throttle, gourmet, BBQ experiment (experience? ok both). Just go to the website to see the menu as I would likely misspell half the items on there. I got the Bahn Mi, which is apparently pork with a coke and Makers Mark marinade. The pork was very tender, but way too fatty for my taste. Once I pushed the gobs of fat off to side, I threw the pork in some corn tortillas and had what resembles tacos. I'd definitely get it again, but next time I gotta go traditional and just get some ribs. You can get all sorts of unique BBQ here including beef ribs and smoked fish. It's pricey, $50 for two people, but you get hip points PLUS tasty food and you just can't buy that. Oh wait, the $50, right. Anyway, variety is the name of the game here so think outside the smoker. It's double awesome if the weather is nice because you can sit outside next to the river. Oh, you can also follow the pitmaster... er I mean chef, on Twitter and he will tell you the animal of the day that is being smoked (again, go to the website to find the Twit info).

No comments:

Post a Comment