Friday, March 19, 2010

Cousin's Bar-B-Q


3/19/10 Ft. Worth, TX. Cousin's reminds me of Pok-e-Jo's. It's cafateria style, chain, clean, festive ambiance with decent bbq and excellent sides. Ordered a 2 meat plate with pork ribs and German style sausage and sweet tea for $13.98. The ribs were ok, a little tough, but did the job more or less. They were meaty, so three of them was a good amount for a split plate. I'm not sure what German sausage is supposed to taste like, but if the Germans were going for unremarkable, grocery store, Ekrich type sausage then they nailed it. I'd say they couqured sausage about as effective as they couqured Europe back in the 40's.

The sides were outstanding. I got some broccoli/rice/cheese souffle thing and despite how it sounds, was awesome. Also got some shell macaroni salad and wow! What a rare treat! Much like Pok-e-Jo's, Cousin's knows the rules. The have good sweet tea, and a big platter of banana pudding for you. I didn't sample it, but perhaps I will next time. Overall I gave Cousin's a B. Sides A+, ribs B-, sausage C- (VERY borderline D grade). I must note that they do have hot links in addition to the German sausage so I feel obligated to sample that in the future in addition to the brisket. Some folks will say Cousin's rules North Texas BBQ. I'd say those folks have never been to Hard 8 BBQ in Coppell.

No comments:

Post a Comment