Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pok-e-Jo's Smokehouse, Inc.


3/10/10 Austin, TX Hwy 71 and Lamar. Like Rudy's, Pok-e-Jo's sets the standard for good everyday bbq. They have sweet tea, they have banana pudding, they give you all the pickles and onions you want. It's as if they had the BBQ restaraunt manual and got a B+ in every chapter. The fact that Pok-e-Jo's really has no achilles heel sets it apart from other establishments and it's because of this that I'm giving it a grade of B++. Everything down to the bbq sauce is pretty good. The green bean cassarole is pretty good and so is the jalapino corn cassarole. The ambiance is pretty good, the parking is pretty good, and yes, the brisket is pretty darn good. The ribs I don't know about, so I guess I'll be headed back to try them. Excuses to go get more BBQ are a dime a dozen and I got truckloads of dimes...

No comments:

Post a Comment