Thursday, March 18, 2010

Green Mesquite BBQ


3/18/10 Austin, TX. Hello and welcome to the first day of SXSW music, get ready for a crowded lunch at Green Mesquite BBQ and More! Wait, where is everyone? I'll tell you where. Threadgill's. After wrestling through the crowd pouring into Threadgill's I made my way to Green Mesquite for some pre-rock n' roll brisket. I won't say much about the brisket other than... The sausage was awesome! Best sausage in town so far. If House Park had theirs just a smidge less greasy and used softer casings they might give Green Mesquite a run. However, as Jim Morrison once said, I am the Sausage King, I can do anything. Everything except brisket that is, at Green Mesquite. Hell, I'm still chewing on it. They have good marketing and it's an Austin institution more or less, so it's cool. The potato salad checks out (good and bland), but the beans are unique. Quite good, a little spicy, and a firm texture. Chili powder maybe? Paprika? Whatever it is, it's definitely worth sampling. The bbq sauce was about standard. Not much to mention there. Great outdoor seating for a sunny 68 degrees in the Spring!

If plans take you to the area, all you have to remember is 2 things: 1) The sausage is yummy and 2) Billy's BBQ is only a couple doors down! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment