Thursday, March 25, 2010

Rudy's Country Store and Bar-B-Que

3/25/10 Waco, TX. Rudy's is very good. The brisket comes out of the smoker a deep black color. Rudy's puts alot of peppery spice on their brisket and it works great. Almost an acquired taste, the heavy dose of pepper sounds like a big risk, but Rudy's makes it work. Solid A. Their sausage is average at absolute best, but at least they have a jalapino link that they call a "hottie".

Rudy's is different from other BBQ places in that they have a convenience store and gas station. Luckily, it doesn't detract from kick ass que. So, go to Rudy's and enjoy. I'm going to leave it at that because Food Wars is on the Travel Channel right now and they're doing Smitty's vs. Kreutz Market in Lockhart! Perhaps I'll do my own test very soon. In the spirit of full disclosure, I've already done it years ago and Smitty's is still the best BBQ I've ever experienced. Maybe I was turned off by Kreutz initially because when I asked for BBQ sauce, I was told I didn't need it. Now I know you're not supposed to need it, but I like to have some on hand to keep things interesting. Screw them for telling me what I need or don't need. I get that enough anyway. I don't know if it's arrogance or if it's part of their policy to have a-hole employees, but screw them. My apologies to Rudy's for the off topic rant, but something tells me I'll be back to Rudy's before long! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment